Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Moment of Peace

I woke up this morning and I wasn't sure where I was. Then I remembered "The Cancer".

It sounds terrible but it was actually a good thing. Usually, I can't stop thinking about it. The fact that I forgot for a while, means I have been thinking of something else while I was sleeping.

So here I am, in the hospital. Same basic room (across the hall from where I was last time). Same nurses, blankets, tv shows, etc... I'm officially back.

Some things are different. My hair is gone. Jen and I decided yesterday that we didn't want it to get patchy so we went down to the barber and had it ALL chopped off. I'll upload a picture as soon as I get a chance to take one. It's funny but it doesn't look half as bad as I thought it would. My head gets cold though :)

I feel better than I ever did the last go around. The main reason for that is I started my hospital stay with a surgery last time. This time I am coming off of two week of rest.

I know what to expect, and I packed exactly what I will need.

Still, the things that are the same overwhelm me. Did I even leave?

I am 1/5 of the way through 3 of my 5 drugs. I start the fourth today, and the fifth in four more days. I am excited about this round because I feel like we are trying some new things. Plus, about 2 weeks after this round of chemo, they are going to open me up and take a look around again to check the progress. That will be the real defining moment. Is this working or not? The ten-million dolllar question.

Gonna stick to my goals today. I woke up and cleaned up, and went to the nurses station to MAKE and get coffee. I just ordered a big-ass breakfast and I plan on taking a walk afterwords to get some fresh air. I think the walk will be better if I can make it a morning/afternoon routine.

Oh, my other goal of not focusing on how crappy I feel? I smiled at every person that woke me up in the middle of the night to poke and prod me. :)

2 comments:

Roy said...

Jason
Sadly of the age that "Blogging" is not an art form I fully understand,like your Father I still remember Mechanical Typewriters and the introduction of Facsimiles, having said that your postings are both fascinating and inspirational. Several friends have gone through similar situation but your notes bring matters more to life.
Keep positive.
Roy

Sarah said...

Jason,
You are an amazing man. I truly admire your spirit and strength. Keep on trucking and take care of yourself. I will be up there to see you tomorrow.
Sarah