Sunday, October 14, 2007

A long-Awaited Update

Hey Everybody!

If you are still reading this blog, you rock! I know I haven't updates since April, but what has there been to write about?

So, I thought I would chime in and update everyone on my recovery from cancer. First, my health: I have been to two checkups and still test negative for cancer. It looks like I'll go back every 3 months for the rest of my life. It sounds bad but you know what? I made alot of friends at the hospital, and its nice to go back and visit.

OK, some bad news... Jen and I are getting divorced. Most of you already know this, but I thought I would put it out there anyway. It is very amicable, and we are still good friends. Jake is handling it well.

Back to good news... School has been great. I have met alot of people in my new class (2008!). They are all very nice and seem excited to integrate me into the group. Classes have gone well. I just finished my mid-terms and I am pretty sure I aced them. Time will tell...

An interesting tidbit: In September, I was asked to speak at the dedication of the new Melanoma and Skin Center at MD Anderson. It was quite an honor, with other speakers such as the President and CEO of El Paso Corporation, the President of the MD Anderson Cancer Center, A very prominent Houston lawyer, and many doctors (including my own). I have youtube videos here showing my speech.





Love you guys, thanks for still reading.

Death to Cancer
Cancer is Dead

No comments: