Monday, July 31, 2006

Nothing Special, Just an Update

What is up?

Things have been pretty cool around here. Jake has been alternating between two year-old terror and angel of joy. Jen has been working hard but finding time to spend at home too. All in all, we are a very happy family. :)

I did the outpatient part of my chemo and for the most part, I like it. It only takes about four hours and going home afterwords is awesome compared to staying in the hospital. The only gripe I have is that the nurses in the outpatient clinic don't seem to be as knowledgable about the drugs as the inpatient nurses. More than once I had to correct the nurse as to the timing or order of my drugs.

I go back into the hospital today for the rest of my treatment. I can't say I am excited to go, but I can handle seven days no problem (compared to the twelve to fifteen I am used to).

I have started a new book, Still Here by Ram Dass. This guy is very deep. I am usually a fast reader but with this book, each page takes a minute. He says something profound in every paragraph and you have to stop and think about it. Pretty cool.

Well, I gotta go get the boy up. I hope everyone has a fine morning aand a wonderful day.

No comments: